I believe that each person in life has the ability to express their challenges and vulnerabilities, and in turn grow new insights and gain strength in order to move forward. My aim is to help people as they take on the task of bridging different life phases, which often can leave us feeling uncertain, alone, stuck or challenged.
I believe in the importance of a collaborative therapeutic relationship and work from an integrative approach. An integrative dynamic approach focuses on each client’s individual needs, with a focus on support and insight. Through this collaborative process, clients can attain a sense of ease and wellbeing in their relationship with themselves and others.
This type of Psychotherapy is an important undertaking with immense rewards. Ultimately, the aim of the therapy is to develop a capacity to be self-reflective and more insightful about thoughts, feelings and actions. Therapy can thus help with:
- Achieving more satisfaction in your daily life.
- Gaining new understanding about yourself.
- Developing new skill and changing behavioural patterns.
I gained a Masters in Counselling Psychology at Midrand Graduate Institute (MGI), a private university owned by Pearson Institute of Higher Education (UK), and have practiced for numerous years in private and public settings in Gauteng.
I consult with a wide variety of clients dealing with issues around adjustment and well-being, including children, adolescents and adults. I also offer BWRT trauma debriefing sessions within a psychotherapeutic setting. With children and parents, my approach also entails working systemically in order for parents to find a way to support their child’s therapy.
- BA Psychology (UNISA)
- BA Honours Psychology (UNISA)
- Masters in Counselling Psychology (MPsych) (MGI)
- One Year Post Graduate Certificate in Narrative Practice in Narrative Therapy
- Brain Working Recursive Therapy (BWRT) Level 1 Practitioner
- My practical training includes but is not limited to:
- The Ububele Educational and Psychotherapy Trust
- The Teddy Bear Clinic
- Wedge Gardens Rehabilitation Centre
- Thembalami Care Centre for the elderly
- Phelophepa Health Care Train, Transnet Foundation
- The Khula Clinic at Midrand Graduate Institute
- Parent-Infant Psychotherapy (PIP) Training
- The Griffiths Mental Developmental Scales Training
- Circle of Security-Parenting (COS-P) Facilitator Training
- Unity College Special Needs School
Discovery Health Executive Stress Risk screenings