I have a keen interest in working with children and adolescents, alongside their families, teachers and other treating specialists. This interest steams from a passion that support and intervention at an early age fosters positive growth and development. I have extensive experience working within schools and universities, as well as child and youth care centres. Within these sectors I was exposed to working with complex social issues, as well a variety of conditions (behavioural, anxiety, depression, ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorder, trauma and intellectual and physical disabilities). In more recent times I have gain greater experience working in the private sector both locally and abroad.
I typically practise from a Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) framework. However, I am well versed in Humanistic and Narrative Therapy techniques, which I adopt to best suit the client’s individual needs. I also enjoy using creative mediums and often bring art and play therapy techniques into my practice.
Alongside this, I have experience in psychological assessments (cognitive, emotional, behavioural, personality, scholastic, career choice), and am currently expanding my knowledge of neuropsychological testing.
I feeling strongly about working in a holistic manner and so strive to promote the psychological, social and physical health of each client. I am enthusiastic in being a part of a multidisciplinary team which ensures that all elements of healing take place.
Areas of interest
- behavioural complexities,
- stress and burnout,
- adjustment & life changes (divorce, new school, job),
- relationship complexities,
- Master of Arts (Counselling Psychology) (UP)
- Bachelor of Arts, Honours (Psychology) (Rhodes)
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology and Journalism) (Rhodes)
Practical Experience (therapy, assessment, training)
- Schools (Forest Town School, Germiston High School, Delmas High School, Athlone Girls High School, Thembisa High School, High Performance Centre TUKS, Oprah Winfrey School, St Stithian’s, Pinnacle Linden, Jubilee Christian School)
- University student support centers (University of Pretoria and the Technical University of Tshwane)
- Private practice (Nala Psychology Hub, Bryanwood Therapy and Assessment Centre)
- Social Services (Vosloorus and Reigepark)
- Child and Youth Care Centres (Jakaranda Kindershuis and Epworth Children’s Village)
- Itsoseng Community Clinic
- Stabilis Treatment Centre